Monday, April 09, 2007

Wedding

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

Nop, not my wedding, but other people's weddings. Life has been such a fast moving one. After came back from London, I went straight to the mosque for the classes and then met Charlotte or Aisha to do her Quranic Arabic, then went to Fatima's room to visit her. We ended up watching The Memoir of Geisha, quite a nice film, a Japanese story acted by a bunch of Chinese. Anyway, then we went to ASDA, called Sophia to visit her. But she said she is going to the Picture Art House to watch The Day of Glory. I think I still got that sense of craziness after the visit to London, I decided to go although someone has just told me to come to the mosque for a little walimah of a couple I don't even know who they are. I think ALLAH is not happy about me going to the cinema that I sprained my ankle while climbing over the chairs in the cinema to prepare myself for Maghrib prayer...

So, I have to sleep over in Sophia's house cos the next day, I have to go to the mosque. After the mosque, I have to borrow Alia's cloth to go to a Bengoli walimah in University Arms Hotel. The bride is the daughter of one of the teachers in the mosque. She married to a Bengoli from London. It was a grand wedding party with about 700 guests and got into the newspaper. Big Limo from London brought the groom and families to Cambridge, you can have a look at the vehicle:

The Big Limo

The nikah (the groom in red turban and the imam in white cap)

The bride

I was not really enjoying the party cos a lot of the girls and ladies whom I saw wearing hijab out there, suddenly they changed into another person by not wearing hijab and all dressed-up like a bollywood celebrities in a mixed environment! When it came to the time to eat, everyone just like has forgotten what is ADAB, too embarrass to describe it, though not all of them were doing the same thing.

Anyway, after a while, Aunty Zohra brought me to the Pakistan Day in another part of the city. That was much better cos was not as crowded as the wedding and we get to talk with people. Met a 2nd year foundation doctor and consulted her about my ankle. She said that I should keep on the bandage (which is my friend's piece of cloth for waxing, don't really know how to use it) and I should walk on that foot. Take paracetamol to bear the pain. Alhamdulillah, it works and I' m better now.

Wassalam.

4 comments:

Artemis said...

assalamu alaikum,

i didn't know you had a blog! this is great stuff, mashaAllah :)!

ws,
artie

Fatin said...

Assalamualaikum,

You are not supposed to know! How did you find out?

Wassalam.

Artemis said...

wa alaikum assalam,

oh no, if you do not want people to know, you should change your settings so that it's not searchable on the internet. there is an option under settings on blogger. it came up when i searched "artemis undeified" on google.

i'm sorry! and so i will not return unless you want me to.
wassalam

Fatin said...

Assalamualaikum,

Since you've found it so you are always allowed to view.

Wassalam.