
Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
Happy Chinese New Year! If I was at home, I must be having a reunion dinner with my family. But too bad, this year many of us can't make it home, only my 2 younger sisters and a brother with my father and grandmother. My elder sister who is married has to spend her new year at her husband's parents' home while my younger sister didn't manage to get a flight ticket home as she was waiting for posting before she could decide from where she will be flying home. And me, still stuck in Cambridge with my endless PhD works. Has been 6 years not celebrating Chinese New Year with my family due to work and study. InshaALLAH will try to make it next year when I think and pray that I will finish my PhD by then.
Chinese New Year marks the beginning of another lunar calendar. It is shorter than the Georgerian calendar (about 11 days) and so in every 4 years, there will be an extra month, a repetition of one of the months taking turn every 4 years, i.e., 2 Month 7 this year and after 4 years, there will be 2 Month 8. It is amazing how humans had observed the universe and came to design such a system to keep track of the time. I don't really know who designed this lunar calendar (the earliest record of the use of this type of calendar can be traced back 4700 year ago when Emperor Huang used it), probably it is a form of Wahy that ALLAH gave to one of the Prophets in the beginning of time or a type of knowledge that ALLAH gave directly to Prophet Adam (as) like how HE taught him the names of things (Surah al-Baqarah verse 31). Only ALLAH knows.
Wassalam.
Happy Chinese New Year! If I was at home, I must be having a reunion dinner with my family. But too bad, this year many of us can't make it home, only my 2 younger sisters and a brother with my father and grandmother. My elder sister who is married has to spend her new year at her husband's parents' home while my younger sister didn't manage to get a flight ticket home as she was waiting for posting before she could decide from where she will be flying home. And me, still stuck in Cambridge with my endless PhD works. Has been 6 years not celebrating Chinese New Year with my family due to work and study. InshaALLAH will try to make it next year when I think and pray that I will finish my PhD by then.
Chinese New Year marks the beginning of another lunar calendar. It is shorter than the Georgerian calendar (about 11 days) and so in every 4 years, there will be an extra month, a repetition of one of the months taking turn every 4 years, i.e., 2 Month 7 this year and after 4 years, there will be 2 Month 8. It is amazing how humans had observed the universe and came to design such a system to keep track of the time. I don't really know who designed this lunar calendar (the earliest record of the use of this type of calendar can be traced back 4700 year ago when Emperor Huang used it), probably it is a form of Wahy that ALLAH gave to one of the Prophets in the beginning of time or a type of knowledge that ALLAH gave directly to Prophet Adam (as) like how HE taught him the names of things (Surah al-Baqarah verse 31). Only ALLAH knows.
Wassalam.
2 comments:
happy chinese new year dear!...seronok dapat berbual dgn u that day!...miss u tooo fren.
TQ!
Post a Comment