Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
This news from Malaysia really got me writing. Our controversial PM of Malaysia asked all those who want to convert to make sure that their families are informed and then they can convert and register as a muslim! If this is the case, I am afraid that he will scare more people away from making this noble act. Not that it should be hidden from your family when you have converted, it is that your heart is ready to submit to ALLAH but you need time to think how to talk to your family. Considering to convert already has taken a lot of brain power to think and reflect, now you want them to also take up the pain to think of how to tell their families without getting chased out and cursed (if unfortunate)?
I understand that it is good to have the consent from the family because I think that is fairer to them but not many people can do that. For sure I can't and didn't. Conversion is not something that we can control (probably because he has not been through this process so he proposed this). Today I said that my heart really wants to submit to the All-Mighty One and Only None Other God - ALLAH, and want to follow the examples of the Messenger of God (saw), but wait! I have to stop that submission first and let my family know first before I can truly claim that I am a muslim. Is that what a conversion like? For sure, it is not true for me.
By imposing this regulation to have consent from the family before registration as a new muslim, it will only put off people from telling the authority. People just are not going to trouble themselves for a piece of consent letter from their family if they are not ready to tell them. Without the acknowledgment of the islamic authority (like a certificate), if the person passed away, it creates worse scenario than before this regulation because there is literally no black and white (only a shahadah taken in an old surau, let's say with two poor men as witnesses). There is simply no solid evidence of the conversion yet those friends who have been teaching this new convert know how much submission to ALLAH this person is and of course they would want his/her funeral done in the islamic way as well as any other dispute of will and wealth.
If you impose a regulation without any research or consultation from proper experts (I mean real expert, at least the mufti), you are only creating troubles. This is my PM who didn't do enough consultation with the proper experts in his coalition (the worse is consulted the wrong people) before naming the candidates for the pass election and caused terrible defeat. Read this piece of news.
Oh ALLAH, please save us from this mess and make all those who want to submit to YOU carry out their submission easily.
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Salam Fatin,
This is so very true and I applaud you for your honesty. MasyAllah! If only more people and reverts can speak their mind freely - within acceptable norms - the world would be a better place.
I believe you should post this to groups, would you?
Wassalam Anonymous,
Nowadays to be able to say thing freely is through blogging, that's why it's called blogging not reporting. Even so, people still want to contol bloggers, anyway, that's another chapter.
What groups you are talking about?
Wassalam.
Oops! My apologies, I did not log in when commenting - Malaysia_Reverts.
Assalamualaikum,
I don't mind if you want to do it. As I said, this is just blogging, there is no such thing as copyright here unless the blogger stated so. However, it is like talking (what the Prophet (saw) warned us about safeguarding our tongue), just be careful with what we say cause it will be judged at least by ALLAH. If people can be thinking of their accountability to ALLAH when they talk/write (like in politics, MSM), there should be no lie, inshaALLAH except for greater reason to safe lives and make peace.
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
Post a Comment