Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
I am thinking of joining the Darfur Charity Cycle Challenge from Cambridge to Oxford organised by ISOC. This was a random idea from the ISOC Charity Com for Darfur Week in January 2008. Yesterday, we went for a test cycle, just for 20 miles. The actual distance from Cambridge to Oxford is about 85 miles.
We cycled from Sainsbury's in the town to a little village in the south call Fowlmere. There were 6 brothers and 2 sisters including me. The journey to Fowlmere was a very challenging one because of the wind resistance. We were going against the wind the whole journey, however we still managed to complete the journey on time, alhamdulillah because the journey back was much easier and faster. Only a brother who is not feeling well, stopped before getting to the destination. And unfortunately 2 of the cyclists have punctured tyre while on the way back. They pumped up the tyre just enough for cycling and pumped again when it's flatten so that they can get back to town by cycling, not walking!
Overall, there is nothing unexpected happened alhamdulillah. I can feel the difficulty in doing it and still not quite sure if I can complete the ride or not to Oxford. Need lots of training this holiday. Should be a nice breakaway from my work. Next term, we will do another 50-mile test cycling. If I passed, then I'll go for it, inshaALLAH.
If I do, will you sponsor me to help those refugees in Darfur?
Wassalam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Salam Fatin,
Perhaps you could be more specific, like the amount of sponsorhip needed in terms of value?
Another, is perhaps: could various individuals chip in according to the amount they are comfortable with?
Wassalam,
There is no specific amount of sponsorship and any amount will go straight to the fundraising, none for my cycle trip. That will be part of my own donation towards this cause. Any form of support is welcome.
Jazakumullahu khair.
Wassalam.
No promises, but tomorrow morning, I'll try calling several muslim organisations here and see what can be done.
At the same time, perhaps it would be better if you could put a link to the ISOC on this matter. Also, how and to whom can an indiviual send the monies to. Most importantly, they would need to correspond with you - your email address.
Thank you so very much for your effort. This is still in a very early stage and Cambridge is in holiday at the moment. Email me - fap24@cam.ac.uk for more details.
Jazakallahu khair.
Wassalam.
Fatin, I tried calling a few but failed to get in touch with the proper people. Perhaps you would like to write to them yourself?
Try writing to Bank Islam:
Puan Wan Nor Thairi at wnorthairi@bankislam.com; she is the GM for Public Relations if I am not mistaken.
No problem.
Thanks! I'll try that. Again jazakallahu khairan kathiran for your effort in trying, may ALLAH reward you for that.
Wassalam.
Post a Comment