Thursday, December 13, 2007

I am not a SPAM-BLOGGER!

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I don't know why I received this email from google-blogspot! This is ridiculous and no explanation is offered.

Dear Blogger user,

This is a message from the Blogger team.

Your blog, at http://fatinaliah.blogspot.com/, has been identified as a potential spam blog. For an explanation of what spam blogs are, please see Blogger Help: http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=42577

You will not be able to publish posts to your blog until we review your site and confirm that it is not a spam blog. To request a review, please fill out the form found here:

We will take a look at your blog and unlock it within four business days. Please note that if we do not hear from you within 20 days, we will remove your blog. If this blog does not belong to you, then you do not have to do anything. Any other blogs you may have will not be affected.

Since you are an actual person reading this, your blog is probably not spam. We find spam by using an automated classifier. Automatic spam detection is inherently fuzzy, and occasionally a blog is flagged incorrectly.

We sincerely apologize for this erroneous result. By using this kind of system, however, we can dedicate more storage, bandwidth, and engineering resources to users like you instead of to spammers. Thank you for your understanding and for your help in our spam-fighting efforts.

Sincerely,

The Blogger Team

I couldn't publish anything for a few days and tried again today, alhamdulillah it works but hey, where is the notification from THE BLOGGER TEAM??? Are you watching over my space, THE BLOGGER TEAM? Heeellooooooooo, anybody there? since you wrote to me the above email from Blogger no-reply@google.com...

Wassalam.

4 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam Fatin,

You are not the only who have received or were given such measures, so do not let it bother you. And as for several of those mentioned, they went off to wordpress or some other thing.

Personally, I think they are actually trying to target plagiarists. Though how your blog was mistakenly identified, is a baffling question.

Fatin said...

Assalamualaikum,

So, should I switch?

Wassalam.

FATIN

cakapaje said...

Wa'alaikumusalam warahmatullah,


While I cannot say for you, I've been pretty sort of envious of friends using wordpress - there seem to be widgets and stuff there that would certain put more light to a blog, mine especially.

However, I am sort of a romantic hopeless guy, preferring to stay faithful...until I came across this guy at Kassim Selamat (at readscentral) who advised bloggers at blogspot to make a back at wordpress. It seem a pretty good advice and he even jots down the simple instructions to do so. Think, I will; what about you?

Fatin said...

How to do that?