Friday, March 28, 2008

Packing & Tajwid

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I have done all the packing except stuff in the fridge, shower and bedding (well, actually it's a sleeping bag). I have cleaned my room except one more final hoovering when all the boxes are taken away on 1st April inshaALLAH. I will only be able to move in afternoon because the previous tenant have a coach to catch on 1st April afternoon. A bit not happy about it because according to the landlord, I can move in 1 or 2 days before 1st April. But anyway, inshaALLAH khair. Hopefully with the new environment, I can be more focused on my work. Amin.

I am sooooooooooo happy to know that my beloved tajwid teacher has come back to Cambridge to teach us tajwid. Missing him so much. I have learnt a lot from him during his time in Cambridge last Ramadhan. Now that he is back, I want to put a target on this, probably to finish Juz 'Amma with him in this 3-week time before he goes back to Syria again. But we'll see. It's going to be everyday except Friday after dhuhur prayer at the mosque. At the mosque! I'll be moving to Mill Road next Tuesday, so inshaALLAH I'll be able to go to the mosque easily. Just walk! Woohoo! Alhamdulillah, this move came in the right time.

While thinking of this Shaykh, I suddenly am missing all the other Shuyukh who have taught me during Rihla 2007. I have learnt a lot from them and wish to meet them and study with them again. InshaALLAH Shaykh Hamza Yusuf is coming to Birmingham next Friday, Arwa has invited me over to stay at hers in Birmingham cause she will be going to this Grand Mawlid too. We'll see how things go. It is only that I have to look after the classes at the mosque that I can't stay the weekend in Birmingham. I probably have to catch the latest train from Birmingham to Cambridge in time to have a bit of rest before I have to open the mosque on Saturday morning. Because of the classes at the mosque, I have missed the chance to meet Ustadh Yahya Rodhus in Birmingham last weekend. I feel a bit restricted by the responsibility at the mosque but alhamdulillah, I hope that I am carrying out my amanah given by AuntyZohra as well as possible. There should be no complain about this. Imagine that she has been doing this every weekend for the past 15 years, I am just doing it for 2 months. May ALLAH preserve and reward her for her patient.

I phoned her this morning in Pakistan. She is doing well and I have asked if I can go to Oxford for a Mini Cooper factory visit organised by CAMMUS (Cambridge Malaysian Muslims Society) on 19th April (Saturday). She said no as usual cause there is not enough teachers already and she can't count on any other teachers to come and open the mosque earlier than 9am, and set up the tables and all. So, that's fine. I can take it. Initially I decided to join the trip cause AuntyZohra said that she will be back on 12th April but due to Easter season, she can't get a seat so she can only come back on 29th April. So, no trip for me in weekend until she is back. Probably it is good so that first I don't waste money and time, and second I will do some work!

Alhamdulillah.

Wassalam.

No comments: