I remember when I was at UTM, someone kept on stressing that a normal human usually properly sleeps for only 3 hours a day. There would be 1 hour before that and another 1 hour after that which are not proper sleep and can be easily woken up. So, the quality sleeping hours are only 3, THREE! And that's what I am doing at the moment and has been doing it since this week. From a non-coffee drinker to one shot a day. I hope that my body can sustain it because I don't really feel very sleepy for most of the time and feel really fresh after that 3-hour sleep. The problem is, I am immune to alarm clock, so I have to always trouble my friends to give me a wake up call. Terrible! Anyway, just an update after not blogging for quite a while.
If we examined the sleeping hour of the Prophet Muhammad (saw), he probably slept less than we do. Imagine that Night Prayer is compulsory for him (saw) and he hardly slept in the day except a few before dhuhr time, I bet he (saw) must have slept way less than his ummah. He (saw) recommended us to sleep half the night, pray a quarter of the night and sleep again for 1/6 of it. So, if we take isha at 9pm in Makkah, after witr and all, he (saw) say slept at 10pm and say fajr was 5am. So, half the night was 3.5 hours, that's the sleep of Rasulullah (saw) everyday?
Now, let's see our sleep in summer time. Isha is not until 11pm and fajr comes in at 2.30am, ok. let's make it 3am. So, we have 4 hours of 'night'. Half of it is 2 hours, so I basically sleep more than enough! Ok, I'm normal, alhamdulillah.
Btw, please make dua for me.
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
4 comments:
Salam Fatin,
Oh oh! Hmm...
And oh, is there a special reason for the do'a request?
Ws. Yup, 4 my study. Jk. Ws.
3 hours of sleep is probably just referring to "R.E.M" Rapid Eye Movement sleep (ask your medic friends) ie "deep sleep", but overall i think you at least need 6 hrs of total sleep in order to get this 3 hrs of "deep" sleep!
Salaam
Yeah, I get at least 6 hours sleep now and that's my normal sleeping hour anyway. :)
Post a Comment