Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Disgusting

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

Yesterday, from my room's window, I saw a couple kissing outside a shop right opposite my room. I thought it is just a normal lovely couple at the first glance. Then I gave a second glance cause I felt that they don't look like a boy and a girl, instead 2 girls. My feeling was right when I took a second look at them. I don't usually do this, believe it or not, first glance is excusable. They are two teenage girls, probably in their Year 9/10 secondary school. Both have pony tail, that's what made me gave a second look.

This happened on Mill Road at afternoon time. There were a lot of people walking up and down the street. I think most of them feel disgusted like me when they saw this couple kissing publicly. There was a group of teenage boys walked pass. They were like staring at the couple for a long while. I don't know if the couple took the opportunity to do more or just ignored those boys, but it made them stayed longer in that position. I feel even disgusted now to write this but I think it is a great lesson for us to learn.

I am not a homophobic. I don't go and kill homosexuals but I do condemn homosexuality. It is certainly against my religion and I can say it is against humanity no matter how people want to argue that it is basic human right.

First, against religions. There has been lesson that ALLAH gave to the People of Lut for their transgression in homosexuality. The God has created humans in two different sexes for reasons. If man-man and woman-woman can procreate, why bother create man-woman for procreation? If marriage is just to share love, it is enough to share love with your family, but if marriage is for procreation, then find a partner that can physically do so!

Second, against humanity. If everyone chooses same sex partner, there will be no next generation. Let's say human extincts! I suppose people can just go to labs to have kids but how many percent of success? How to teach your children that this is your father and that is your father too. It's against the nature because even animals which do not have a high cognitive level do know that they need opposite sex partners, what about us humans who can think and act rationally when we want to act rationally.

People will say that it is the sign of the Last Day. I suppose they are right about it but we don't give in to it instead we should keep on educate people to the right path. No, I am teaching them to be homophobia but I want them to understand that it is not the purpose of ALLAH to make man-man or woman-woman in this kind of relationship, not for marriage, definitely.

Anyway, this is just my thought. You have your right to think what is good and please do not forget that I have my right too to think what is good and morale. If you don't understand what I am saying, read Surah al-Kafirun and apply it to daily life, human right and paradigm, not just to religions.

ALLAHU'alam.

Wassalam.

2 comments:

cakapaje said...

Salam Fatin,

When you give an inch, ingrates would want a mile.

No religion on Earth promotes homosexuality, though one now seem to accept it into their fold. But, that is their own weakness in doing so. One of the difference between Islam and other religions, is that we Muslims stick to the verses of the Noble Quran, and the Hadiths, while they....as mentioned in Surh al-Kafirun.

The young in our society need a role model to look up to. Someone who is not only knowledgeable, but approachable, and able to talk on their level. This, some Muslims are doing as part of their dakwah activities. InsyAllah, a group I am associated with, will be doing similar too.


ps. If ever your anger seethes at the wrongs of the society, Istighfar and Selawat.

Fatin said...

Jazakallahu khair for the advice.