No, not me, it's my friend, another long-lost friend which I have the chance to be reunited by ALLAH from an internet social network that has many negative publicities - facebook. Ok, that's not the point, the point is I feel sad for what has happened to my friend. Frankly, we have not met for more than 10 years. She was my secondary school classmates and recently we got in-touch with each other again, in a very miraculous way but obviously it's pre-planned by ALLAH, the All Mighty.
She is a Christian who follows local church and she has just married recently, which again I missed, argh! I am very happy for her because from how she described, he seems like a Mr. Nice Guy, pious Christian, professional medical doctor, vegetarian, mature and stable. When I got reunited with her a few weeks ago, I phoned her and we had a long chat (using phone card to call Malaysia isn't that expensive, less than 2p per min). She is of course shocked at my choice of faith and thought that I did so for a random muslim boyfriend, which I never had one. The attempt to get back the 10-year that we have missed obviously is not going to be done in a long chat. However, from the conversation I can feel how much I have missed her and she is very interested about my life.
Today, I received an email from her telling me the bad news. I don't know why me. We have not met for 10 years, we were not the best friends at school, we have different faith, I never have the experience of pregnancy or miscarriage, I am in UK and she is back in Malaysia, what can I do from here? Of course dua and words of support. I can only tell her to take care of herself and have faith in The God's plan.
In my heart, I really want to invite everyone to my faith but if this is not likely to happen, I wish that everyone can at least believe in God, believe in the Day of Judgement and do good deeds. As ALLAH said in the Qur'an that:
Those who believe (in the Qur'an), and those who follow the Jewish (scriptures), and the Christians and the Sabians,- any who believe in ALLAH and the Last Day, and work righteousness, shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve.~ The Holy Qur'an, Surah al-Baqarah (Chapter 2, The Cow) verse 62
Having faith in ALLAH's words, I have been trying to talk about God with many other Christian friends. This is not the first case but I sure hope that she also has the same understanding of The God's will and Master Plan. This miscarriage happens for good reasons that we will never be able to understand until later, if we reflect on it. That's why again, ALLAH said that HE will guide those who reflect or basically use the brain to think!
I remember once talking to a Christian (who only goes to church once a year type of Catholic). She is my coursemate from Kenya. After the recent election, there was a sort of civil war among the tribes people in Kenya. She was very worried and sad about this whole thing especially when her families are all in Kenya and are the tribe same as the elected President. She couldn't go home because she needs to finish her PhD and she cannot do anything even if she went home and obviously not here too. I just keep on telling her to have faith, do good deeds and pray for their safety. She seems like suddenly woke up from a long sleep and forgot that all this while she has this very powerful weapon - prayer. Now, she is calmer and happier, alhamdulillah.
Of course, I wish that my friends can see and accept the beauty of Islam. I pray that ALLAH will guide them all and make me a good preacher which follows the footstep of the Prophet Muhammad (saw) in his way of preaching Islam to others.
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
2 comments:
Salam Fatin,
I'm sorry to note of your friend's misfortune. InsyAllah, there is a blessing there.
Wassalam. InsyaALLAH.
Post a Comment