Yesterday was such an amazing day I would say. So much to do and so much to gain in just a day. After the circle on Imam al-Ghazali by Alia, I came to realise that I know how precious the time is and I know how much I have not learnt yet I have not done enough to do what I've known.
I know I shouldn't waste time doing aimless things without any good purposes, but I sometimes indulge myself with these. I don't have time to waste! PhD in another 18 months or less to go and there are still a lot of things to do for the Cambridge community, ISOC, faculty, friends, etc. Sometimes I wonder how do I find time to write this blog! This is ridiculous. But thinking of the benefits for myself and other in blogging, I decided this is not a waste of time. One thing that I realise about blogging is to help me to reflect. As many Muslim scholars have already pointed out the important of self-reflection, I think this is a good idea for me. As I wrote about myself, my study, my work, my problem, my... I LEARN. Whatever thing that I know seems informal will become a KNOWLEDGE when I wrote it down because through writing, I can organise my thought and come to a few conclusions that are useful for the future.
My brain is just too small to take everything, so only a few concentrated ideas can stick forever and become something that I can DO. Reading the verses of Qur'an above, I must have done a lot of sins for not doing what I've known, may ALLAH forgive me for that.
Come back to the point of this post. I meant to tell you how much I have done the whole yesterday. It was such a fruitful day. Woke up in the morning, went straight to the faculty, prepare a little bit of my presentation and went to the Psychology Education Research Group Meeting from 11am-1.00pm. One of my colleagues presented her findings. Very interesting and I learned a lot from the method of analysis that she used. Maybe it is applicable to my research.
After the meeting, I went to the Student Lunchtime Seminar where another 2 of my colleagues presented their works in an informal way to the members of faculty who are interested to come. As I'm the committee of this seminar, I took some pictures and help clearing up the refreshment. One of the presenters is a Palestinian Muslim girl who lives in Jordan. Her research is about dyslexia in Arabic language. Very interesting and I pray that the Jordanian students will benefit from her findings.
I went home after the seminar finished at 2.00pm, pray Dhurh, have lunch and amended the slideshow presentation of my research to be presented in the Learning Science Research Group Meeting at 4.00pm! I just rushed through my lunch and quickly added some important slides to the presentation. Alhamdulillah, I don't have to think about food because I still have some left over food given by Aunty Zohra. May ALLAH bless her for her generosity in giving me food regularly for FREE.
Alhamdulillah, my presentation went well but it lasted for about 2 hours. Felt like a viva. However, the inputs were very useful, especially all the critiques, comments, suggestions and questions that make me think what should I do next to make my research sounds more valid and useful for the educationists. By the time I got home, it's nearly 6.30pm and I quickly prepared myself for Asr, then have a little bit of dinner while reading the text for a talk for MOJOW this evening. MOJOW is the abbreviation for Muslim & Jewish Women. This is an inter-faith forum between Muslims and Jews. The title is conversion and I've not prepared much for it.
Quickly, before I go to pray maghrib in the prayer room, I went to my faculty to check my emails, in case there is any change of this event. By the time I arrived at the prayer room, it's already near maghrib and sadly no one was there except a brother who made the iqamah himself and led the prayer. May ALLAH accept his deeds. I cycled as fast as I can to Pembroke College as MOJOW was starting at 8.45pm. I'm glad that I reached there before anyone does because I can sit down and read some more before the talk begins.
The MOJOW went well alhamdulillah and I learned a lot of the Jewish tradition for conversion which seems very difficult and some Jews will never accept converts as Jew is inheritated from the mother only. This difference makes me feel so bless to become a Muslim. Though there are a few challenges but I'm still please to be a Muslim. This talk way passed my bedtime and I end up sleeping in my friend's room at 11.30pm.
The conclusion is, I like a day as such, so packed yet so much to gain. No doubt that I've learnt so much from just a day and done lot more than I can do in a day. Alhamdulillah, as the book of yesterday closed, I pray that ALLAH accept all my good deeds and give me the strength to remember what I've learnt and realised and more importantly may HE also gives me the opportunity to do what I've known and teach to others who need it. Amin.
Wassalam.
No comments:
Post a Comment