Monday, May 07, 2007

Research disaster

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

Finally, after waiting for nearly a month, I get to go to school to collect data for second round last Friday. Arrived early at the school because the bus is one hour each and preparing myself for the research. Guess what? I forgot to bring one important stuff to do my research! All the electrical components that I put next to the window in my room were still there! I knew I missed something this morning when I was waiting for the bus. Great! Now there's no time to go back to grab the things cause it will mean another 2 hours to go back and forth while my appointment with the school is in another half an hour. So, I went to the science lab and hoped that the technician can lend a hand but unfortunately it is the Science Technician Training Day! No one can touch anything in the lab. I was really upset thinking that what shall I tell my supervisor if I didn't manage to collect any data this time because he is very keen to know what I've got this time after I've presented my work last Wednesday.

Alhamdulillah the teacher came to help. He as the Head of Science, took all the components that I needed and let me do my research properly. Though there still remained some technical problems, I still managed to solve them to make sure that the research run smoothly. After videoing them, I met the teacher again and he said this should be my last visit to the school because the students will be concentrating in their exams. I thanked him whole-heartedly for his help all this while and rushed home praying that I will be able to catch-up with the Friday Prayer.

After the Friday Prayer, I tried to download the video but it turned out to be an error in the playback mode of the camera. Oh NO! If I can't playback the video, it would mean that the whole time and effort that I put in to do the research in the school will be nothing! I tried so many times yet it's still not working and there's no time to go back to my faculty where I borrowed the camera from and Monday is Bank Holiday, no technician is working until Tuesday. I won't be able to analyse the data before the next data collection on Wednesday in another school. I was sooooooooooooo down that day that I couldn't even bother to write a post until last night, I tried again to eject the tape. Alhamdulillahi rabbal 'alamin, it worked! And I managed to download the video though the camera showed some faults once in a while. Anyway, it's sorted, yay! So, have to go back to work now.

Wassalam.

p/s: Some nice pictures on the way to and back from the school which I'll never go back and visit again. May all the teachers and students achieve great success in their works and studies.

The school

Passed through big fields, can you see the yellow field there?

Taken the picture from the bus

It's rapeseed, so yellow!

The BIG TESCO


No comments: