Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
I knew it, I knew it, well before this news because I've never found any sign of vegetarian on the wrappers of Masterfood's products, which are like Mars, Snickers, Galaxy, Bounty, etc. I'm not shock to found the news on BBC. The problem is the whey powder that is extracted from animal rennet. Of course the animal is not slaughtered in Islamic way, so it can't be halal anyway, though according to the scholars of Hanafi school of fiqh believe that it's still permissible considering that blood doesn't flow through animal rennet, so there is no need to slaughter the animal in a halal way to get the rennet. However, the scholars ruled it as makruh because there is no guarantee if the rennet is not from pigs. Most of the other schools of thought, i.e. Shafi' believe that it's haram to take this type of rennet. So, no more chocolate from this company. My tip is: read the wrapper, if there is sign of 'suitable for vegetarian' and no alcoholic stuff, yup take it; but if there is no sign of 'suitable for vegetarian', look at the ingredients, if there is no whye powder and dodgy 'E' number, yup take it, but if there is, BE CAREFUL!
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment