Saturday, October 20, 2007

6 days = 365 days

Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,

I don't know if you understand the equation above, I'm just trying to say that the fasting of 6 days after Ramadhan is equal to the fasting of a whole year.

Ayyub (ra) relates that the Messenger of ALLAH(saw) said, “Whoever fasts Ramadhan and follows it with six days from Shawwal it is as if they fasted the entire year.”

~ Narrated by Imam Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, and Ibn Majah

Some say it's better to do it consecutively, some say it doesn't matter. So it's up to you to gain this reward. SubhanALLAH, how Merciful ALLAH is to promise such a great reward for such a little act of worship. Indeed HE says in the Qur'an that HE only wants easiness for us and will not burden us with anything that we can't bear. Alhamdulillahi rabbil'alamin. As Dawud Wharsnby Ali sang in his song 'Alhamdulillah' - Alhamdulillah, alhamdulillah I'm a Muslim, and there's nothing else I want to be.

Wa lillahilhamd.

ALLAHU'alam.

Wassalam.

No comments: