Assalamualaikum warahmatullah wabarakatuh,
Oxbridge Muslim Alumni is a networking association for Muslims who have studied or are studying in University of Cambridge and University of Oxford, UK. It is a great opportunity for Muslims, who are the minority from the top two universities in UK to meet. At the age of around 3 years old, OMA has done 3 major meetings, producing newsletters and organising some charity events targeting at getting more Muslims to enroll in these two universities for further studies.
Last Saturday was the OMA Reunion/Eid Dinner 2007 at The Guildhall, Cambridge. More than 250 members and their family turned up for the dinner with two guest speakers. What I really enjoyed is not the food, not the speeches but the opportunity to meet sisters, both old and new, Cambridge and Oxford. I didn't eat much nor pay a lot of attention during the speeches. I enjoyed walking around, taking pictures of the smiley faces of the sisters. This is one of the reasons why I like photography.
Many of the sisters coming all the way from London stayed over at mine after the dinner. A few more other sisters came too to enjoy their companies while they are still in Cambridge, even for a night. This is the sisterhood that I like, the sisterhood that is hard to bond to this extend. May ALLAH bless them all and grant them success in thus Wolrd and the Hereafter. If I eventually have to go back to Malaysia after my study, I pray that there will be plenty of opportunities for me to meet them again and again. If not, may we rejoice in the Hereafter under the shade of HIS Mercy.
Wassalam.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment