If your kids are being asked to choose between white doll and a black doll, tell me how high is the probability that they will choose a black one? Ok, let's say a white and a brown doll, or a white and a yellow doll? This documentary is a real phenomenon of today's world, like it or not. If you are white, congratulation, everyone likes you but if you are not white, I'm sorry, you will have less popularity, less chance to win internationally established prizes, less loveable by the public unless you behave like the white, if not trying to look like the white. Don't get me wrong, I'm not racist and have no problem with white people, in fact, I have lots of white friends. I'm just pity with those who are not white and think that white is superior while they themselves are inferior. What a sad world.
How many times in the Hollywood films show that white is bad and black is good? How many non-white actors ever won Oscar? How many non-white control the media & news broadcasting? While the population of the non-white is the majority, big majority. Just by watching the above documentary makes you feel sad. A little black girl was asked which doll is bad, she picked the black one and smiled. Which doll is good, she picked the white one and smiled wider. Immediately, she was asked, which one looks like you, she slowly gazed at the black doll, lost her smile and reluctantly picked up the black doll and looked down. She might be no more than 5 years old, already, that is her mind set. Set by who? Certainly it is not her parents. Why do you want to teach people to hate themselves? This is call racial tweaking. Have you ever realised that some religions portray their gods as white, blond with blue eyes? Have you ever seen these images of their gods before? The angels surrounding them and also the prophets and saints? Why?
How many people like to look like white? Undergo plastic surgery to get him or herself looks nearer to the Caucasian. Why do you need to hate your own self. The self that ALLAH has created for you, in the perfect form that we deserve? Again, this is not racism. Why? Because I'm a Muslim. How can a Muslim be racism? Islam offers the solution for racism, offers the universal teaching that even Malcolm X finally came to embrace and most importantly Islam breaks the racial boundary between people. How? The fundamental teaching of Islam is the Oneness of God. Oneness means that there is no God but THE GOD. If there is only ONE God, there can only be One Creator, Creator of human being or if you would like to call it human race. So, basically we are all One race, One human race, created by One GOD. Created from Adam (as) and Eve. So, we only have One male ancestor and one female ancestor, same ancestors. Thus, we are all the same.
"O Mankind, we created you from a single pair of a male and a female, and made you in to tribes and nations so that you may know each other (not that you despise each other). Verily, the most honoured of you in the sight of ALLAH is he who is most righteous of you."~ The Holy Qur'an, Surah al-Hujurat (Chapter 49: The Private Apartment) Verse 13
Now, that is what Islam teaches, that is what our beloved Prophet Muhammad (saw) taught us. Through this teaching, many tribes in the Peninsular of Arab who were fighting and killing each other, finally embraced the unity of human kind. Islam offers a balance social order by overlooking the racial differences but at the same time does not wipe away the racial identity. Now, this is the true American Dream, eh? Which emphasised the equal opportunity to prosper in all fields despite the race, social status, native or not.O People, lend me an attentive ear, for I know not whether after this year, I shall ever be amongst you again. Therefor listen to what I am saying to you very carefully and take these words to those who could not be present here today.
O People, just as you regard this month, this day, this city as sacred, so regard the life and property of every Muslim as a sacred trust. Return the goods entrusted to you to their rightful owners. Hurt no one so that no one may hurt you. Remember that you will indeed meet your Lord, and that He will indeed reckon your deeds. ALLAH has forbidden you to take usury (interest); therefore all interest obligation shall henceforth be waived. Your capital, however, is yours to keep. You will neither inflict nor suffer any inequity. ALLAH has Judged that there shall be no interest and that all interest due to Abbas Ibn ‘Abd al Muttalib (the Prophet's uncle) shall henceforth be waived. Beware of Satan for the safety of your religion. He has lost all hope that he will ever be able to lead you astray in big things, so beware of following him in small things.
O People, it is true that you have certain rights in regard to your women, but they also have rights over you. Remember that you have taken them as your wives, only under ALLAH's trust and with HIS permission. If they abide by your right then to them belongs the right to be fed and clothed in kindness. Do treat you women well and be kind to them, for they are your partners and committed helpers. And it is your right that they do not make friends with anyone of whom you do not approve, as well as never to be unchaste.
O People, listen to me in earnest, worship ALLAH, say your five daily prayers (Salah), fast during the month of Ramadhan, and give your wealth in Zakat, perform Hajj if you can afford to.
All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black, nor a black has any superiority over a white- except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood. Nothing shall be legitimate to a Muslim, which belongs to a fellow Muslim unless it was given freely and willingly. Do not therefor, do injustice to yourselves.
Remember one day you will indeed appear before ALLAH and answer for your deeds. So beware, do not stray from the path of righteousness after I am gone. People, no prophet or apostle will come after me and no new faith will be born. Reason well therefore, O people, and understand words which I convey to you. I leave behind me two things, the Quran and the Sunnah (Hadith), and if you follow these you will never go astray. All those who listen to me shall pass on my words to others and those to others again; and may the last ones understand my words better than those who listened to me directly. Be my witness, O ALLAH, that I have conveyed your message to your people."~ Farewell Sermon delivered by Prophet Muhammad (saw) on 9th Dhulhijjah 10 A.H.
See for yourself if you don't believe me. During Hajj, the Muslim Pilgrimage. Everyone wears the same 2 pieces of white cloth (no branded designer's outfits), showing equality. In the letter from Mecca by Malcolm X, which is very moving if you read the whole 1 page of it, Malcolm X finally came to the true Islam. This is his experience during Hajj and below is just a short quote:
"During the past eleven days here in the Muslim world, I have eaten from the same plate, drunk from the same glass, and slept on the same rug - while praying to the same God - with fellow Muslims, whose eyes were the bluest of blue, whose hair was the blondest of blond, and whose skin was the whitest of white. And in the words and in the deeds of the white Muslims, I felt the same sincerity that I felt among the black African Muslims of Nigeria, Sudan and Ghana. We were truly all the same (brothers) - because their belief in one God had removed the white from their minds, the white from their behavior, and the white from their attitude."He said that, racism in American is an incurable cancer. How true is that! It has been more than 50 years and thing isn't getting any better. Like cancer, killing the person slowly. So people, wake up and realise the indifference between us, it is not the way we should identify ourselves.
No doubt that I am carrying the Islam flag, and I sincerely invite you to come to this faith which is not just the Truth but also a way to cure the cancer, the disease of the heart.
Messenger of ALLAH (saw) said, "The believers in their mutual kindness, compassion and sympathy are just like one body. When one of the limbs suffers, the whole body responds to it with wakefulness and fever".SubhanALLAH, how beautiful the teaching of Islam is. If not for the beauty and benefits of Islam, I won't come this far. Let's make this World a better place to live before we move on to a better one in the Hereafter, which has no doubt in the approaching, soon.
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
7 comments:
Assalamu'alaikum,
Salam Lebaran again Fatin, back already from Lincoln? Hope you had a great time there.
Now, I am not good at quoting sources, either hadith or Quran. But I do hold to the message and one particularly ayat mentioned: "Be fair ye too all, even if there is among them ye do not like".
That particular ayat help shaped my political stand.
ps. I've posted your 'Eid Card from my family' and noticed you've already joined the group, alhamdulillah.
Assalamualaikum,
I think I've been fair in illustrating the situation at the moment. I didn't condemn anyone or shown dislike to anyone. If you watch the video of that documentary, you will know that, I'm not as extreme as them. If you think promoting racial equality is not a just thing to do, then tell me what is justice?
ALLAHU'alam.
Wassalam.
Wa'alaikumusalam warahmatullah,
Fatin, I was, and am not confronting you. In fact, I totally agree on your statement and was strengthening it.
The 'white supremacist' grip on media has been exposed long ago. Whether by design or not, the availability of the silver screen and television came about when the US - despite their Civil War which was supposedly a war to free the black slaves more than a century ago - was still living an era of discrimination where the blacks are a lower class. A perfect example of their then discriminating law can be seen in public buses, where blacks must always give their seats to a white, even if the black is a pregnant lady.
Why I use the US here as an example is because they are the leading country in the use of media and apart from controlling the major media houses the world over, they know to use it to direct public opinion's to their advantage.
The big hype about 9-11 which lead to the Toliban's fall in Afghanistan and later the invasion of Iraq, were all masterminded with the full backing of their media to influence public opinion.
Where does this lead to? It leads to the 'white supremacist' influence over other coloured races to think highly of them, as apparent in the documentary. The non-whites are made to be apologetic about who they are - loss of identity - and their minds subjugated. And all because the media is being controlled by them. This loss of identity is best summed by you yourself in your previous 'Eid card from my family'.
My apologies for this long comment. But I think it is needed just to allay any different thoughts about my stand and belief.
For you info, I am what you may term as a dark malay. I may not be proud of it, but I certainly am thankful to Allah s.w.t. for what I am.
Assalamualaikum,
Thank you for your very thoughtful comments. I hope many of us are thinking like you. There shouldn't be any kind of supremacy. It's so wrong. Even a leader (i.e. Prophet Muhammad (saw), Umar Al-Khattab, etc.) can humble themselves to accept others in many cases in order to uphold justice.
The point of this post is, why does it matter of how the natural self is like? Alhamdulillah for what ALLAH SWT has given to us. The ethnic tweaking is a widespread problem in US. Many non-white hate their own self, their own identity and colour which are impossible to change, even through plastic surgery. Alhamdulillah, muslims are forbidden to deliberately change their own natural self unless for critical health reasons.
Do you think Obama can ever won the US Presidency?
Wassalam.
Wa'alaikumusalam,
Obama? I'm sorry, you lost me there. Ever since Bush was crowned, I lost all interest in US politics. But if its any consolation, no, I don't think any one who is not affliated with either the Christian or Jewish Zionist movement will ever.
I learned - through an Ustaz Maszlee - that the former may be worst than the latter.
By the way, Ustaz Maszlee is a UIAM lecturer, now pursuing his PHD at Durham, UK. He initiated the Malaysia_Reverts groups.
Assalamualaikum,
Whoever controls the US, controls the world? How pathetic.
Send my salam to Ustaz Maszlee.
Wassalam.
FATIN
Post a Comment